london - bucharest

Logan's Adventures in Eastern Europe

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Haggard Hookers Home

Before I begin I would like to reinforce the fact that this is purely observational and I have in no way participated in this strange phenomenon.

On tuesday night we went to a huge party on the beach. Shit music was made more palatable with free food and drink, as the advertising crowd layed down their best (worst) dancefloor moves. Creativity runs through these people's veins, so why should it stop at the dancefloor! As a delegate part of my job is to look after the youngsters from Romania and as I take this responsibility very seriously I left the party early and walked home with a clear head and clearer conscience.

As I strolled along the sea front I passed a couple of pensioners who were dressed up like Christina Aguilera on a bad day. Each to their own i thought. 50 yards later however I passed another old girl, again looking like a prune in fish-nets and bright red lipstick. As I passed she gave me a knowing look and what looked like a wink (although this could have been the onset of Parkinsons). There was now no mistaking it, these were indeed 'ladies of the night'.

What, in a town full of the rich and the beautiful, are these geriatric hookers doing here, and who's picking them up? It seems very strange to me, and for now, I don't have an answer...

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the 'talent', so here's some of the party.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home