london - bucharest

Logan's Adventures in Eastern Europe

Saturday, September 23, 2006

No Guns Allowed


No guns allowed! This sticker is to be found adorning the door to our local bank, the very friendly Volksbank. It struck me as quite strange. I find Bucharest to be a far less intimidating or violent city than London and we never had signs like that on any door in Hackney. It also seems ridiculous. Imagine i'm going to rob the local bank. I get to the door and a sticker informs me that no guns are allowed.

Do I
A: Go home
B: Go home and get a knife instead
C: Ignore it and rob the bank

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Free door said...

If you are from London, it is important for me(us) to know your most onestly feelings about Bucharest.
Best wishes.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its ment to keep a plesant atmosphere inside, w/o guns in sight;-)

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a 'comment' so much as it's an 'I don't know how to use Blog pages to email ppl'...Just wanted to say great page, it's been lovely to meet you, and I'm off to Canada on Fri - so Noroc!
- Arwen

p.s. to go with the Arme photo, though, I did see two guys (polo shirts & jeans) pull handguns out of their pants and chase a third guy through a parking lot last week on the road out to Otopeni...quite exciting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home