london - bucharest

Logan's Adventures in Eastern Europe

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

2 Many DJ's / Groove Armada

I've been neglecting this blog over the past couple of weeks as i've been back to London and generally rushed off my feet. In those two weeks i've bumped into a few celebs (obviously looking for some exposure on this very popular webpage!). First up i was sat next to those old rockers Uriah Heep on the plane back to london. They had been performing in Bucharest the night before and were pleseant bunch of wirey haired, leather clad groove monsters.

Next up was a guy i got introduced to as 'Francis' down at Staicovici. We had a small chat over a beer and it wasn't till i left that someone told me it was Francis Ford Fuckin Coppola! He looked more like Father Christmas than The Godfather, but it was great to be in the presence of one of my hero's. The Apartment with Gene Hackman is one of my all time top ten flicks.

Anyway i'm back on the blog now and below are some not so great pictures from last saturday's big event in Bucharest. Soulwax played live and they were superb. They then transformed into 2 Many Dj's and played a storming set, then Groove Armada Sound System came on and it was time to go home.



The crowd loving Soulwax



Sinboy and myself extolling the benefits of skinny jeans


Someone forgot to mention that they had removed the handcuffs already


Tom Wilson sporting laser earrings


The obligatory bottle of water and sunglasses




The Napolean Dynamite dance


2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

slightly jealous yet relieved -- that's how I felt when I saw your phots. Hello to all my friends in Bucharest xxx

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS lovin the red troozers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home